MEGUIAR'S Ultimate Polish
Ultimate Polish maximizes gloss & reflectivity before waxing
Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish is specifically formulated to produce incredible glossy paint and depth of shine before waxing. This premium pre-waxing glaze adds nutrients dramatically enhancing reflections and depth of color on glossy paints and clear coats. It’s especially effective on darker colors for obtaining that deep “wet look”. With Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish, you have the perfect gloss enhancer that can get you shiny paint for that show car shine!
The term polish can often mean different things to different people. So, what really is a polish?
Polishing is an optional step that provides additional nutrients and oils for maximum depth of shine and reflectivity. Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish will also prepare the surface by removing very slight swirls that are only visible at certain angles or in certain lighting, like towel marks from drying. Ultimate Polish removes light defects like this, provides deep reflections, and gets your paint ready for a wax or sealant.
Wash & evaluate the paint
· Before applying a polish, wash and dry the paint to remove loose dirt and debris. This is always an important step in detailing. Always use a pH balanced car wash soap like Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax as this will preserve your wax protection.
Next, run your clean, dry fingertips over the paint. If the paint feels rough to the touch this indicates that you have bonded contaminants on top of your paint. These are things like tree sap mist, industrial fallout, road tar, and paint over spray. Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit comes with everything you need to safely remove contaminants bonded on the paint and leave it as smooth as glass.
Finally, evaluate the paint for below surface defects. If you have light to moderate swirls, scratches, oxidation, water spots, or etchings you would want to use a product like Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound before applying a polish and a wax.
Tips for applying Ultimate Polish by hand
- For best results, apply in the shade to a cool, clean surface.
- Dispense a small amount of polish on a foam applicator, or polishing pad, like Meguiar’s Foam Applicator Pads.
- Work the polish in thin and evenly to a 1-2 square foot area using light to moderate pressure in tight circles. Make 4-6 overlapping passes per section.
- Wipe residue off immediately, before it dries, with a premium microfiber towel. Flip the towel to a clean portion for a final wipe. Work in sections over the vehicle.
- Don’t forget to apply a long-lasting wax protection to seal everything in with something like Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax.
For more than 115 years, Meguiar’s has provided Car Crazy people with specialized, state-of-the-art formulations for making every car’s appearance show car perfect. Meguiar’s provides high performance car care products for every automotive surface, both on the interior and exterior of cars. The car care experts at Meguiar’s are dedicated to making sure customers get the premium results they are looking for.